Summer Tournament 2019 Announcement
We are excited to announce that the Asphalt 8 Tournament - Summer 2019 edition has already started!
We will feature a set of in-game time limited events to find out which are the best 3 Asphalt 8 racers in the world (one per platform).
The Tournament starts this week (July 1st) and will last until the end of August. (You can find the calendar here)
Every stage will be preceded with a Training Session (Warm Up Cup ) so that you can test the track and vehicle before the real race starts.
To ensure the best skills are rewarded the different stages will have the same MAX/PRO vehicle with boosters activated. There will be no opponents on the track and neither will there be traffic. Make the best lap time and you will move on to the next stage.
On our first edition we wanted to start with our 20 strongest countries. (You can find the list of countries at the bottom) We want to make sure all the countries chosen have enough daily active players to be a fair competition. We will look in future events if we can expand the Tournament to include other regions as well.
All participants IP's will have to correspond to that of the country their flag displays. In other words, no flag changing. This is another step to ensure we have the fairest competition that there is ever been in Asphalt 8.
And with that explanation we can now go deeper on how the Qualifiers will take place.
Each stage will have its own rewards, so make sure you try your best!
Stage 1 : Qualifier #1 / July 8th - 13th
- Players from the 20 available countries will face against each other locally. The 100 best will move onto the next Stage.
Stage 2: Qualifier #2 / July 22nd - 27th
- The best 100 racers from the previous stage will race between themselves to find the top 10.
Stage 3 : "Double Stage" - Play Offs Cup / Aug 5th - 10th
- 10 racers from each country will form 2 groups of 100. The groups will be mixed. On this "Double Stage" the best 100 racers will be promoted to the next league. The best 100 racers in the world.
Stage 4: Semi-final Cup / Aug 16th - 21st
- From the 100 best racers only 10 will move to the Final.
Stage 5: Final Cup / Aug 27th - Sep 1st
- Everything comes down to this week. Unlimited energy, don't wait for refills. Play as much as you can and become World Champion.
For reaching the top 10 of the world, all racers will get 500 tokens on this stage.
We would also like to share the prizes for the winners of the last stage.
- • On 3rd place: Unlock the Lamborghini Centenario
- • On 2nd position: Same reward as 3rd place + 1000 tokens.
- • And for the World Champion on 1st place: Previous rewards + 5.000.000 Credits
The winners will also be featured on our website's Hall of Fame (Coming soon)
Each stage will count with its own recap video; our Summer Tournament Journals where we will release information about each stage's leader board, the upcoming track and vehicle of each stage and even some tips to improve your times, so make sure you subscribe to our channel for more! You can catch the first episode here.
On this edition there will only be one winner per platform. So it's thrice the possibilities.
And that's all for our announcement so far. Keep posted to our channels for more fresh info. And throw some questions that you might have regarding this competition into the #SummerTournament channel on our Discord server.
We will do the best we can to answer them.
See you on the track!
* The full list of countries that will participate in this event is the following:
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia